- In person for North California Coast and Bay Area clients
- Via Skype or Phone for non-local clients
Option #1 (includes a local Grocery Store visit) : $250.00/individual, $300/family
Option #2 (does not include Grocery Store visit): $200.00/individual, $250/family
- Prior to the initial consultation, I ask each client/family to document their daily food intake for a 3-4 day period (using the “Transitioning to Health Daily Food Diary” that I will e-mail/fax to you), and e-mail/fax it to me at least 24 hours before our first meeting. At the meeting (which usually takes 1-2 hours) we will look over your current nutritional landscape, and then discuss your goals (i.e. what you want to achieve for yourself and/or your family), and some immediate steps to take. With each local client’s permission, I also will take time to look over his/her kitchen, and point out the healthy and unhealthy items currently there.
- For Option #1–The meeting is immediately followed up by a visit to the client’s local grocery store (which usually takes about an hour), where I show each client healthy foods to look for, how to read ingredients, and which ingredients to avoid. Also I will discuss general healthy shopping guidelines.
Follow-up Consultations: $100.00
- Follow-up consultations usually last about an hour. They involve re-evaluating the clients plan—figuring out what is working, what is not given the clients’ lifestyle and daily schedule. Adjustments are made as necessary.
Monthly subscription: $200/month
- The monthly subscription includes a monthly one-hour consultation, plus daily check-in phone calls (the time of the daily call to be worked out by both me and the client). This is simply my most powerful plan. Daily phone check-ins (usually lasting no more than 5-10 minutes) include inspirational advice, plans, and any support that is needed, and most find this the easiest way to effectively transition to a healthy lifestyle. The daily check-in practice keeps your goals at the forefront of your day-to-day life.
In-Home Classes: 5-20 people: $250, each additional person: $15.00.
- Round up a group of friends and family for a fun afternoon (or morning!). I’ll come to your house and teach a super accessible basic nutrition class, provide a food tasting of some healthy snacks (I’ll prepare before-hand), hand out my Basic Meal Guide and Recipes, and stick around for questions. Classes usually last 2-3 hours.
- Includes food costs and hand-outs. Travel expenses apply for distances exceeding 25 miles round-trip
Eating Classes: $40.00/hr.
- Why eating classes? Numerous studies have shown that the simple act of completely chewing your food can improve digestion, gas, nutrient absorption, stomach discomfort etc. I will simply sit down with you to have a meal, either in-person, or via Skype/iChat. During the meal I will help you become a mindful eater–teaching you to more fully savor your food and become aware of when you are actually full. Over time (as with any regular lessons) you will be able to incorporate what you’ve learned in your day to day life. You will find that you are able to eat less, enjoy your food more, and feel better all the way around. Eating lessons move eating to a conscious act, rather than a mindless one (where one is more apt to over-consume). This class is extremely helpful in an over-all transition to health!
- Skype/iChat required for distances exceeding 25 miles round-trip
Personal chef services: $65.00/hr
- I partner with Chef Kyle Evans, who will provide you with hands on training at your home on how to fix easy, healthy, great tasting meals for you and your family. Kyle is the Executive Chef at Ravens Restaurant at the Stanford Inn in Mendocino, California (see http://www.ravensrestaurant.com). He is quite simply one of the best chefs I have every seen. He is passionate about food, able to clearly communicate that passion in ways that are completely easy to understand, and inspiring at the same time.